What services do we cover in Compliance?
- Preparation of Annual Accounts
- Filing Confirmation Statements
- VAT Registration, Preparing Returns and Filing
- Maintaining Payroll, Pensions And Associated Returns
- Self-Assessment Returns and Advice
- CIS Returns and Advice
- Sole Trader and Partnership Accounts
- Preparation of Management Accounts
- Keeping Books and Records
Complex compliance laws are not what you want to spend your time on.
As a business owner, you’re pressed for time, constantly. We are going to take a stab in the dark here and assume your passion is not compliance.
While you focus on what’s important to you, we can streamline the management and preparation of tax returns, financial statements, pension, payroll obligations and compliance accounting matters.
We can also take care of all your tax needs be it corporation tax, payroll tax, income tax or any other applicable tax.
Tax services – some of the many areas that we cover
- Preparation and filing of tax returns
- Capital Gains Taxation Planning
- VAT Registration, Preparing Returns and Filing
- Payroll and Pension Tax Planning
- Income Tax Returns and Planning
- CIS Returns and Advice
- Implementing Tax Strategies Such As Structuring and Restructuring of Businesses
- Current Year Tax Minimisation
- Forward Planning Tax Minimisation
- Tax Investigation Services
Minimising tax – It’s our bread and butter
Planning for tax and having a tax strategy put in place will have you feeling relaxed.
As a business owner, there is nothing well worse than an unexpectedly high tax bill or a demand for prior year under declared tax. We aim to ensure that the tax bill is reduced as much as is legally possible. We are on top of all recent tax legislation changes and any opportunities that may arise for minimising tax. One of the key tax strategies is to ensure that the business structures are set up in a manner which minimise tax liabilities and also safeguard the assets of the business and wealth of the directors.
Why outsource? Because you got bigger fish to fry.
You didn’t get into business to get bogged down with the compliance stuff. We are here to help you stay on top of the numbers, while you play to your strengths and focus on running your business.
We can remotely service, monitor and maintain your accounts via new technologies such as cloud software – all provided free in your package.
Streamline your business functions, and spend more time on the important stuff.
What services do we cover under bookkeeping?
- Accounting systems set up
- General Administration
- Transactional Data Entry
- Business Activity Reports
- Cash flow management
- Creditor and Debtor Management
- Bank Reconciliations
- Control Account Reconciliations
- Payroll Services
- Cloud Accounting
CASH FLOW SERVICES
CASH – the lifeblood of any business
Around 80% of UK companies fail within their first year. One of the major contributors is the lack of cash.
Don’t become part of that statistic, let us give you a helping hand with monitoring your business and improving your data transactions so that you can make informed, financially smart decisions and add to the longevity of your business.
We use cash flow forecasting tools that can be a game-changer, allowing you to look forward in timeframes of 3 months and 12 months to ensure that you plan your cash effectively and don’t get stuck in a rut.
What services do you cover under cash flow management?
- Creditor and Debtor Control
- In Year Forecasting of Cash Changes
- Setting Budgets and Forecasts for the Organisation and Departments
- Business Planning
- Invoice Factoring
- Raising Finance
- Cash Flow Management Strategies
BUSINESS PROTECTION SERVICES
We can help minimise business risk for you and your family
Around 80% of UK companies fail within their first year.
An area which most people give little or no consideration when setting up a business is business protection. It can be complicated and may seem difficult, but ensuring that you have the right processes and structures in place will reap dividends and give you restful nights. To protect yourself and your business effectively, you need to have the right strategy in place which can include:
- ensuring you have the right business structure(s)
- the right financing and investment structure
- agreements which will not come back to haunt you in future years (shareholder agreements, partnership agreements, buy and sell agreements et cetera) and
- the right insurances in place for the business, the directors and employees.
What services do you cover under Business Protection?
- Advising on the Best Structure for Operating a Business Tax and Business Protection and Reviewing on an Ongoing Basis
- Working with the Directors to Ensure That Shareholder Agreements Are Drafted As Required by All Parties
- Advising on Adequate Arrangements for Directors or Partners Leaving or Coming on Board
- Advising on Personal Insurance
- Advising on Business Insurance
- Carrying out Business Reviews and Providing Advice and Recommendations
- Carrying out Business Rescue Reviews with Recommendations
- Advising on Liquidations, Credit Agreements Etc
For continuous improvement and longevity
Why can our advice be trusted? Because we’ve done it ourselves at Citi Accounts and whilst working for many large organisations throughout the years. At Citi Accounts, although we have been in business for over 10 years, we continue to evolve and grow.
We have learnt from many mistakes along the way and have had experiences of many positive impacts which have led to business growth. We have assisted many clients with their business growth strategies and continue to guide companies to achieve growth even through difficult times.
What services do you cover under Growth Services?
We can help with:
- Developing Business Vision, Company Values And Business Plans
- Budgeting And Forecasting
- Setting up Key Performance Indicators
- Setting up Risk Management Strategies
- Setting up Growth Strategies
- Increasing the Valuation of Your Business
- Business Acquisitions, Disposals and Mergers advice
- Carrying out Due Diligence on Business and Other Acquisitions
- Senior Managers with Leadership, and Provide Mentoring and Coaching Services
- Talent Management and Other Employment Issues
SUCCESSION PLANNING SERVICES
Because planning well for the future is a must.
If you’re a business owner, you need to have in place an exit plan. It’s that simple.
Without a strategy in place, your future, assets and legacy are all at risk.
Is it your plan to slowly step away from the business, or is it to sell? Do you know how much it’s worth in the current climate? This process can be a complex and stressful transition without the right guidance and advice.
What services do you we cover under succession planning
- Helping to set personal plans for the future
- planning and timetabling the succession process
- aiming to preserve your personal wealth
- short-term strategies for improving business valuation
- ensuring the business can function without you
- managing the operational and financial needs of the business
- managing the personal and financial needs of your family
- retirement tax planning
- preparing exit strategies
VIRTUAL FD SERVICES
Do you need an outsourced FD? Read further to find out more.
Our outsourced finance director solutions focus on helping you improve your finance function and processes. Here are just some of the areas we can help with:
Budgets, business plans and financial oversight
- Budgeting: preparation of annual budgets and cash flow forecasts
- Budget forecasting: monthly review and update on budgets and forecasts to help you monitor cash needs
- preparation of management accounting reports and translating all figures in a way that makes sense to you
- VAT advice and overseeing compliance issues such as VAT, payroll and general taxation compliance
- Advice and management of cost control
Systems, Controls and resources
- Evaluation of your financial systems and management information, and support to address shortcomings
- design and implementation of remuneration and reward programs for key staff
- Cost-effectiveness review
- Recruiting FD or other financial staff
Strategic support for business owners
- Financial perspectives on key business decisions
- strategic owner support around business growth and development plans
- exit planning for business owners
- attendance at ball or management meetings
- mentoring a financial controller through the transition to FD role
- managing and supporting your relationship with your bank including the provision of information as requested
- meeting with your bank when required